New Primer Offerings from Smashbox...

Torn myself away from a mattifing primer for 2 seconds and tried something completely out of my comfort zone. Primer Water doesn't exactly sound very 'long wearing' or particularly sticking in terms of keeping your make up on all day to me, to be honest. I wasn't completely sold when I read the packaging in Boots at first sight either, I was a bit weirded out by the concept of it! I then spoke to the counter consultant at Smashbox and she did then explain how this was a primer, setting spray & hydration spray all in one. I tried some on and went for a wander round Boots (absolute story of my life) to test it out....


So the Primer Water is ' Oil, Alcohol & Silicone free', yet promises to prime your face, set your make up and hydrate your face throughout the day. I think you can keep this in the fridge as well, which would be nice if you were at home/ at someone else's house for the day in the summer but wanted to refresh your skin halfway through? I actually saw this first in a Nikkie Tutorials video, and then  in Boots, and she raved about it also! It is very refreshing in the morning, and much more hygienic in terms of not using your fingers/spreading any dirt into the skin pre-make up, as it applies & dries on its own. The primer water isn't sticky or uncomfortable, and I really feel it keeps my make up on as well as a conventional primer. I like to use this after colour correcting (I always do this pre-primer just because I feel it applies better under primer than over!), spritzing it over my face in three sections (left-center-right), letting it dry and sink in for a few minutes before applying my base.


Overall, the primer water is good for efficiency, it saves me those extra few minutes in the morning as it's quick & easy to apply, it pretty much does half the work for you, and keeps make up looking flawless all day. Priced at £20 it has lasted me quite a while so far & I haven't got to halfway down the bottle yet, so I'm really impressed with it. First impressions of this have converted me I think, it's definitely more affordable than the Photo Finish and goes a hell of a long way with it's multi-purpose properties. One to keep a eye out for on your next 'wander' round Boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment