Outfit Wishlist | New Look



It's been a while since I've written up an outfit wishlist, I've been so busy lately that anytime I do go shopping, I tend to get a bit 'tunnel vision' with make up (more than usual anyway). So clothes wise I've been pretty good and even thrown a load away...which is all good until you realise you have no decent 'up to date' things to wear out! (any excuse Ami, any excuse). Here are a few bits that caught my eye on New Look's website this week for a fresh spring evening outfit!


1- Ah this scallop cut trend still hasn't faded and I LOVE that it is here to stay. I remember when Topshop started coming out with it on their tops a few summers ago and it being such a easy way to a outfit up or down. This black scallop cut top paired with the current in trend high neck fitting makes it a winner for drinks out with the girls, or thrown over some jeans for a easy "day out" outfit.

2- White Jeans. Oh, White jeans. Yes, I do look at them and straight away think of all the things that could ruin them (wine/chocolate/ nail varnish/etc etc) but how crisp clean and beautiful do they look above?! I've held off buying them for a while with the common fear of absolutely ruining them, but I am loving the ripped knee style at the moment and the fact these are in the petite section as well makes me even more tempted (sorry debit card).

3- Okay so these heels are a bit Kardashian inspired and seem to be on every fashion-related social media page at the moment. But how can you resist! They are so gorgeous and versatile in style too. I've been eyeing up the perfect laced up sandal for a while, uhm-ed & ahh-ed over colour and then found these. I think New Look are great for heels, I've found SO many on trend barely-there stiletto's in there for a fraction of the price elsewhere (Topshop I am looking at you). 

4- Can't not have any jewellery with a monochrome outfit! Although the white jeans do break up the black here, I love adding something else to make the outfit stand out a bit more. Not one for bold colours all the time, but definitely up for rose gold, all the god damn time I picked this delicate weave-style cuff. I think cuffs look so clean and amazing with vests, especially now the weather is getting warmer, it also works well with the high neck on the top as that cuts out the need for a necklace. Maybe rose gold earrings as well? I'm just finding excuses to buy more even now...


Overall, I think this outfit is great with all pieces thrown together for a nice smart-casual evening out in the recent warm evenings. But as far as separates go, they can work with other items too! I like to break things up with something as eye catching as rose gold to finish off the clean, crisp look of this. Although colour would work too if that's more your cup of tea! I would probably pair this with a monochrome clutch bag or my black MK Purse that doubles up as a small clutch (handy). Looks like I'll be breaking my white-jean fear sooner than I thought...

Have a lovely weekend :)


No comments:

Post a Comment