Positive Skincare - Yes To!

Ah, skincare products. How I despise the search for the 'perfect', all round problem-fixing product. Let's be honest, there is never going to be the one skincare product that fixed everything on your face over night. There are other factors such as stress, lack of sleep, time of the month, diet etc etc that affect our skin that products can't compete with. In terms of spots, oily/dryness and dark spots though, I have found a few gems that have changed my opinion on skincare hunting in the aisles of Boots.


Yes To! are a natural skincare brand that use vegetable extracts in their products to combat different skin types/problems. For example Cucumber for Sensitive skin, Carrot for Dry Skin, Tomatoes for Combination skin etc etc. I really like this as it's not only easy for you to find your skin type/problem with it but when purchasing again it's easy to spot on the shelf. A big thumbs up from me! 


Their story, motto & positivity of their brand I also LOVE. Especially the 'Yes to make you Smile' where they want to inspire people to smile more & say 'Yes' to something once a day, for yourself or for others, even if you don't want to. This all sounds very cliche/typically american but I really think it fits in with their brand, how their team work & how it connects to their products. Being positive and having happy skin is something I'm totally down for! Another bonus is the packaging itself is light-hearted and easy to read, super clean, white & easy to travel around with.

I'll start off with the Daily Clarifying Cleanser as I love it so god damn much. Since discovering this I have repurchased it THREE TIMES. I think that's a record for myself. It's a nice easy formula to work with, doesn't get overly frothy but creates a nice amount to work into your skin that leaves it feeling oh so refreshed afterwards. I use this morning and night as it really help keep my skin clear, clean and ready for the day ahead. 

Next up is the Clearing Facial Mask which I bought after having such good results from the cleanser. Picked it up in my local Boots and tried it once I got home. It's a strange one at first, I originally imagined it to be something like a Lush face mask or slightly more 'earthy'. It's a thick white cream that isn't as rich/ silky as moisturiser, more like a thin 'face mud' texture, that you apply to your face as a mask. It dries so quickly (I leave mine on for 5 minutes) and once washed off leaves your face feeling clean and SO fresh. I like to use this 2 times a week!

I have since bought their Daily Balancing Moisturiser since I took this photo (Slack Alice over here) which is a really nice rich moisturiser. I don't feel like I'm encouraging my oily skin with it as a tiny bit goes a long way! I've had this for about a month now and love how soft it leaves my skin feeling, not to mention no sign of any immediate oils surfacing like I have had with some moisturisers in the past!

After having horrific experiences with a La Roche Posay Eye Cream (we won't go there), I was on the hunt again for a eye cream that would dull my horrible dark circles! I flatly refused to pay £32 for the Origins one that is smaller than samples I have had, so looked back to Yes To to try out their colour correcting range (Grapefruit). I bought their Dark Circle Correcting Eye Cream to try out and so far so good. It's not life changing, but it is alright. I do see a slight difference in colour when applying it morning and night as it has a yellow tone to the cream. But 8/9 hours a night (ha!) religiously for 2 weeks could easily beat it. 

Overall, I really like this brand, especially the Tomatoes range for combination skin. It's a shame Boots have such a limited range, their website is based in the US and has a lot more products for acne/blemish prone skin that I would love to try on some of my more problem/relentless spot areas! Hopefully there will be a larger distribution bought over to the UK soon (hint hint).

Have you tried any of Yes To's range? Let me know what you think below if you have! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment