Day to Night with the NARSisst Palette

Another payday, another Nars splurge. 
But on such a simple, beautiful and easy to use palette how could I not?! The NARSisst Smokey Eye Palette is the perfect size for popping in your handbag when going from work to a night out in a rush. The kit includes a lovely little palette of a pale ivory matte eyeshadow, a cool toned taupe and a rich dark brown with flicks of gold in it - dreamy. It also includes a miniature version of their large Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner, and a smaller sized angled contour eyeshadow brush. All perfectly sized to use on the go!





 Below are two looks that I created with the palette, the first one being a neutral plain daytime look and the second being a heavier, darker look to add on top if going out after! What I used for the below looks were;
 NARSisst Smokey Eye Palette & Pencil eyeliner, 
& my ever so trusty Sephora Crease Shadow Brush.


Firstly I primed my eyes with a eyeshadow primer, I'm currently using one from M&S (can't remember the name, sorry) but any plain matte style one will do. 
I then applied the palest ivory shade from the palette all over my lid up to my brow bone. After this, I used the Taupe shade in my crease, blending out towards the tail of my eyebrow & blended out a bit further upwards to get rid of any harsh lines and make the crease colour softer. 
I applied my liquid eyeliner as usual, flicking it out slightly at the edges. 
Following this up with lashings of Benefit's Roller Lash mascara & curling before applying the second coat! (This was the first time I used this sample size that came with Elle and I do like it but seem to can't tell the difference between this formula & Benefit's They're Real?! They both seem very similar...!)


 I often wear this look to work, it's so quick and easy but defines your eye shape so well!


For the night look, I kept the same base as above and added the dark brown shadow to the outer corner and blending in & up slightly. 
I then blended this out quite a bit in to the outer corner of my eye shape to extend the look and make it bigger around my eye shape.
Then go back in a few times to deepen the colour in the main outer 'V' of the eye shape to create some definition with a smaller blending brush (I used a Zoeva 231). 
I then smudged some of the NARS pencil eyeliner into my outer bottom lash line & another coat of mascara (If you had extra time/wanted to, you could probably add false lashes on to make this even more dramatic and bigger).


I think this is a great way to transform your day make up to a more defined evening or night out look with one easy palette. Not to mention without having to take aaaall your make up off and put it on again! I love quick tricks like this because a) rushing out from work or a day out and having the thought of having to redo all my make up/hair etc = EFFORT! and b) it saves space in my bag rather than lugging my entire make up bag around with me....ain't nobody got time for that!

I know this palette is slightly on the pricier side for some, so if you are looking for a cheaper alternative I spied this neutral palette in Boots the other day. Or whatever matte nude/brown shadows you already own would work fine as well!
Hope you enjoyed reading how I did these quick day-to-night looks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment